Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf - Come Around mixed by LeZlee
Hello everyone! I would like to share my version of this little song. It`s one of my older mixes. I know it`s not perfect so i`ll be very glad if you share me some of your thought`s of it. It was one of my superfast mixes (mixed and mastered in a half day). Smile

LeZlee

.mp3    Leaf - Come Around (LeZlee).mp3 --  (Download: 9.41 MB)

Hiya LeZlee.

Nice little tape stop effect on the tambourine at 0:12. Very inspired addition.

The mix seems a bit muddy, like it is missing some high end or there's too much low mid energy or something that's making it not as clear as it could be.
The backing vocals in the right channel could probably be blended a little better, maybe just bringing them down a little in the mix is all that's needed.
Apart from that it's a pretty good little version you have put together, and all mixed and mastered in half a day!

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Thnx Dags! Smile Yeah, I hear that it`s not so clear or crisp. Oh, dear, i didn`t realize that the second vocals are backing vocals Big Grin I used them as a reply beetween the voices, that`s the reason why are they in the same level as the main vocal (they are only processed thru a psychoacoustic stereo imager) Big Grin Big Grin
You're correct. They're not 'backing' vocals as such, kind of 'second lead' vocals Smile

Maybe give them a similar effect treatment to the main lead vocals to put them more in the same space (ie; the reverb & delay send - leave the stereo image in place)

Just listening again, there's some nice little moving filters you have used in the percussion sections in the bridge and other places.
You've obviously had fun with this mix Smile

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Vey nice.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Thanks! Smile Yeah, of course i had fun! Smile ... it`s just a little bit older mix... i hadn`t got the right experience Big Grin ( i`m sure i haven`t got them now, either Big Grin )