Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wind
I decided to take an entirely different approach to this song than I did the first time. After I got the vocals where I wanted them I made the acoustic guitars the focus of the instruments and built everything around them. It seemed to work for me.

.mp3    The Wind.mp3 --  (Download: 5.63 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Good work the, maybe you could bring up the harmony backing vocals a little.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Much better
Nice job. I like your treatment of the acoustic guitar as the primary instrumental focus. I struggled with the acoustic vs. electric when I worked on this tune. There's a lot going on with the electric guitars, the acoustic recording was just OK for me, and they all seemed to be competing against each other. You worked it out nicely. I would like a little more background vocal too though. Overall nice improvement.
(30-05-2013, 07:54 AM)thedon Wrote: Good work the, maybe you could bring up the harmony backing vocals a little.

I agree Don. I updated the file with the bk vocals up a bit.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Hey Brendan - nice drop at 0:46. Good production decision.
Maybe that jangly guitar chord could come up in volume to fill out the empty space a bit more.

Is it just me or do the middle 8 vocals seem to go out of time - from 1:40 onwards? They seem to come in a bit early as if some of the audio files have been accidentally moved (lead or backing - I can't tell which)

I think you have wrestled about as much clarity out of the song as anyone has been able to with these tracks - nice work Smile

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Nice warm mix. I like how you treat the vocals.
Juanra Ortiz
http://www.lacuevastudio.com
[email protected]
Production | Tracking | Mixing | Mastering
Check out my other mixes here.
Nice mix bmullen.The vocals are too upfront though!I would try to unmudd the mix a little more too.