Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Blues
I don't think I did anything special here, because the tracks were recorded well and the tones were pretty good.

I think that some of the editing done be the engineer, particularly the fades, heads and tails were abrupt at times.

Other than that this was a great clean song.

Because the song isolated the instruments so well the real challenge was trying to make them seem cohesive and part of the same sound stage.

That was my main focus when I mixed this session. I think it sounds fairly glued together but I could also be bias.

I used SS VMR API on the drums, Bass and Organs

I used Softube C1 SSL4K on master buss, Guitars and Vocal.

Eventide reverb and QLEW Convoluted Reverb

Pro Tools Mod-Delay

Satin and Presswerks for Vocals and main buss

Let me know what you think.

Cheers.

.mp3    Happy Blues.mp3 --  (Download: 4.84 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
good mix man, i like it..

i think the "problem" here in this track was the solo guitar and organ part, because need to be glue better at other instrument.. and you did man..
so well done..! Big Grin

(06-10-2016, 12:18 PM)red86549 Wrote: good mix man, i like it..

i think the "problem" here in this track was the solo guitar and organ part, because need to be glue better at other instrument.. and you did man..
so well done..! Big Grin
Thank you for that, its appreciated, sometimes things just work out well.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(02-10-2016, 06:34 PM)wesleyamltd Wrote: I don't think I did anything special here, because the tracks were recorded well and the tones were pretty good.

I think that some of the editing done be the engineer, particularly the fades, heads and tails were abrupt at times.

Other than that this was a great clean song.

Because the song isolated the instruments so well the real challenge was trying to make them seem cohesive and part of the same sound stage.

That was my main focus when I mixed this session. I think it sounds fairly glued together but I could also be bias.

I used SS VMR API on the drums, Bass and Organs

I used Softube C1 SSL4K on master buss, Guitars and Vocal.

Eventide reverb and QLEW Convoluted Reverb

Pro Tools Mod-Delay

Satin and Presswerks for Vocals and main buss

Let me know what you think.

Cheers.

-----------------

Wesley,

Nice job! You did a great job gluing the drums. I, of course, used samples and because they are so clean it presents a challenge. I also kept the short segments you mentioned that way on purpose because it would give an engineer an opportunity to bring those out with some cool delay, etc. Overall I really liked you mix and I thank you for taking the time to mix my song.

Tommy Marcinek
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

-----------------

Wesley,

Nice job!

[/quote]

Thank you Tommy. I really appreciate your feedback and mixing your song was fun. I enjoyed the entire process and hope that you'll have more content on this site in the future. Until then, Best.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(12-11-2016, 11:13 AM)wesleyamltd Wrote: -----------------

Wesley,

Nice job!

Thank you Tommy. I really appreciate your feedback and mixing your song was fun. I enjoyed the entire process and hope that you'll have more content on this site in the future. Until then, Best.

[/quote]

------------
Wes, glad you enjoyed it......I do intend to put more stuff on here as long as Mike Senior will want them....got a few other songs I'd like to put up.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek