Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first mix
First of all i apologize for my bad english Smile I am from Turkey. This is my first mix experience. I have some cheap kurzweil referans speaker and a focusrite soundcard.
Hope you enjoy...

.mp3    mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.03 MB)

If this is your first mix, then it’s very good already. With that learning curve when you reach your hunderth mix you’ll be a pro, and won’t hang around here any more Smile.

Sounds natural and balanced. Nothing is poking badly to my ears.

I think the weakest point is probably the kick. Kick is also one of the most difficult elements. Now it’s quite undefined and boxy ”umph” somewhere. I might try to add some snap to it around 3-7k. Find a spot where it creates naturally nice groove with snare. And probably carve away some low mids, add some low end around 40-60 hz, below the active bass area.

As you’re from Turkey, could you please tell what he is saying when he’s singing in chorus ”Bashkaa…” Is this love song or political statemen or what
(24-09-2016, 08:09 AM)Olli H Wrote: If this is your first mix, then it’s very good already. With that learning curve when you reach your hunderth mix you’ll be a pro, and won’t hang around here any more Smile.

Sounds natural and balanced. Nothing is poking badly to my ears.

I think the weakest point is probably the kick. Kick is also one of the most difficult elements. Now it’s quite undefined and boxy ”umph” somewhere. I might try to add some snap to it around 3-7k. Find a spot where it creates naturally nice groove with snare. And probably carve away some low mids, add some low end around 40-60 hz, below the active bass area.

As you’re from Turkey, could you please tell what he is saying when he’s singing in chorus ”Bashkaa…” Is this love song or political statemen or what

Thank you for your comments. I am reading and watching videos about mixing. I'm a guitar player about 20 years and try to record my song. Then i found this web site while researching about mixing.

the song lyrics are ;

you are estimable as your business card
your credit card limits are your dreams
you are programed that someone telling you to buy things they want
your mouth is open in the advertisements
days are close, days are far away, days are similer to each other
home to job, job to home
home to job, job to home and shopping
it doesn't matter for the system that you lost

Different word
I dream of a different world
Different world is possible dream for me in the beggining

I found the drum recording session video of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LdYDdiPkSE
Thanks for they lyrics.
Thedon just shared another youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZYIN1fBD1I
Second try..

.mp3    mix3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.06 MB)