Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qupe: 'Ayni Nehirde' Dangerous Style
Version #3 Uploaded. My last attempt, for the time being, anyway.

I have taken a different approach to the bass with this mix. I feel there are some offending bass frequencies coming through from the piano and the acoustic guitar. I have introduced a dynamic low shelf to each of these tracks side chained with the signal from the bass guitar. This has giving some extra room in the mix for the bass guitar frequencies. Hopefully this is an improvement in this area on previous attempts.Smile
(24-09-2016, 02:58 PM)Olli H Wrote:
(24-09-2016, 01:34 PM)Dangerous Wrote: This made me laugh a bit. A case of being over reactive to comments without investigating the problem fully. I just boosted the kick and bass in #2, thus the unclear boom.

I guess that most of us here are struggling with same problems. If we were pros, we wouldn’t be here, we would be busy with mixing for our clients. So when I comment your mixes, before taking any actions, you have to take into consideration that ”maybe Olli’s monitoring lacks the proper low-end alltogether, which would explain why his mixes have always too much bass”.

Yeah, we are all going to have biased listening situations. Although I'm pretty confident and trusting of your comments by now to know if you hear an issue within my mix, that I at least need to explore that area in question. 9 times out of 10 it will require some sort of attention. I've just got to make the right adjustments and moves. Also it question's my thought process, which I like.Smile

Hi Dave even though mix 1 is lacking low end I prefer it to the others it has a little more focus ,thanks for sharing.
(25-09-2016, 05:13 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave even though mix 1 is lacking low end I prefer it to the others it has a little more focus ,thanks for sharing.

You know what? I think I agree with you. It's becoming more over cooked the more I play with it. Time for a breakBig Grin