Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Lead Inc - The Inner Circle - hundav mix
So this mix hit me difficultly, i don't know why. Two days of his result this version. The volume and panning would be a better automation, i knowSleepy.
I say thank you for the good song whatever!

Here is the new, more worked out version.

And rev.3, add more low mids.

.mp3    Lead INC - The inner circle - hundav mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.36 MB)

.mp3    Lead INC - The inner circle hundav mix rev.2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.4 MB)

.mp3    Lead INC inner circle - hundav mix - rev3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.4 MB)

Budapest, Hungary - Studio One 3, Harrison mixbus, Cubase daw; Uad-2, Soundtoys, Brainworx plugins.
https://soundcloud.com/hundav
It's well on the way hundavSmile I like the punch and energy, tonally things seem to work nicely only. Listening with headphones the stereo image sounds a little off balance though. There seems to be a wider panning used on the left channel as apposed to the right which seems narrower. The guitar in the right ear sounds loud compared to what's complementing it in the left ear. Not sure if you have had a listen with headphones on. It's a good test to see if the balance thing is working. The only other thing for me is automation as you have already mentioned. There is a lot going in this mix and automation could do wonders with the build and release of the different climatic sections of the song, and also extract all those goodies within the song and highlight them. I know it takes some effort but it's well worth it.Smile You have a solid foundation hundav that you could build on nicely. Well done so farSmile
Thanks the input, Dave!

Yeah, I have to work on the pan and vol. automation more (or a well gained leveler AngryBig Grin).
The singer was leaning before the microphone? But I can't complain. Was badder for him (Chris Birkett - Sinéad O’Connor ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’):
The only difficulty we had took place during what should have been a relatively easy mix on the SSL at Eden Studios, because there wasn't much instrumentation. For some reason, Sinéad hated compression, and when I'd come in each morning there would be a piece of white A4 paper on the console saying 'NO FUCKING COMPRESSORS!' The problem was, she had a reverse mic technique. When most people sing loud, they back off the mic, but she used to do the opposite — she would stand away from the mic when singing quietly and then scream right into it. That was probably her idea of getting a more powerful vocal, but I can tell you it was bloody hell to record and mix that without a compressor, a limiter or anything that touched the signal. /SOS/

cheers
Budapest, Hungary - Studio One 3, Harrison mixbus, Cubase daw; Uad-2, Soundtoys, Brainworx plugins.
your mix is awesome man!!!!
(18-09-2016, 10:50 PM)soundaudiowarfare Wrote: your mix is awesome man!!!!

Thanks, i uploaded a new mix.