Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wind mix by rodion
My take on Fergessen's The Wind. Great song. Hard to get right.

.mp3    TheWind1_2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.31 MB)

You seem to have a lot of distortion on the kick.
Also the guitars sound very hf on the ears in the intro like they have a am radio fx on them.
Thanks man. The HF intro was done deliberately. I wanted to understate it with a LP filter to give more effect to the drums and bass kicking in. It's automated out immediately after. The kick I definitely need to look into.
I kinda like the intro effect but i would filter the hi end more so it feels more lofi than thin. And the guitars have to much hi mid/hi in general.

The hihat is too loud to my taste, it feels disconnected from the rest of the drums and distracts from the vocals.
The kick like takka360 already said is too distorted, not a bad sound by its own but doesnt compliment well with the distorted bass, it takes away too much punch and definition.

I would like the snare louder.

The lead vocals feels pretty good. I would just raise the background vocals more, except for the "oh oh oh" vocals.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
A second attempt at a mix that feels more clear. A less distorted kick, a sharper snare and some other bits and bops. Thanks for listening.

.mp3    TheWind2–1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.26 MB)