Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Terrible!
0%
0 0%
Needs Work
0%
0 0%
Ok...
100.00%
1 100.00%
Pretty Good
0%
0 0%
Awesome!
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mindicree Mix: Timboz - Pony
Here is my mix and master for Timboz's Pony.

This mix was very interesting because of the rather poor performance and somewhat lo-fi recording. I tried to go for a very punchy, "hard-hitting" mix for this one, which involved a lot of focus on drum processing. The kick may be a bit much, but I think I got a pretty good sound overall.

Any (constructive) criticism is always appreciated.

.mp3    Master 1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.63 MB)

Pretty good balance mate! I would say overall the tone of the mix sounds a bit muffled, or cloudy/wooly in the low-mids. A little gentle cut of the low-mids on master bus could help this. I would also try and bring the vocal to the front of the mix more, it could be a little louder and more present. I like your use of delay on certain words.

Probably the biggest thing contributing to "cloudiness" is overcompression, or compression in a way that is killing transients on your drums. (This could be on your master buss, drum buss, or individual drum mics, not sure.) Maybe try slowing your attack time(s)? I'm just not getting a sharp, clear attack on the drums. Also, scooping out some low mids in the drums could help.
"There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind" - Duke Ellington