Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qupe, Ayni Nehirde mix 3 no compression
My mix all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Qupe, Ayni Nehirde mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 12 MB)

Mmm no comments! must be a bad mix,done a mix 2 comments good or bad.

.mp3    Qupe, Ayni Nehirde mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.05 MB)

I thought i would do a mix 3 with no compression on the mixing side,only limiting on mastering it feels more clearer and more clarity, all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Qupe, Ayni Nehirde mix 3.NO COMP.mp3 --  (Download: 12.01 MB)

I listened the last version (ver 3 no comp) and it sound very good to me. I like the balances, feeling and drive etc. (Sorry, I didin't compare to other versions.)

Some minor points that came to my mind, and these are probably more taste issues than real issues.
- Personally if would like the sound to open a bit more to low- and hi-end. Now it has a nice retro feeling, but I guess that also the band, client might want it to have a bit more modern sound.

- I wonder if the bass and kick are on the same frequency area. Maybe the other could go a bit deeper, and giving that way more room to the other.

- TOm fills come out quite loud to me. Well the should do that, but maybe they could be more controlled. If you want keep them loud, maybe their sound could be more open.

- In that drum solo part I think toms should have more the same space as the rest of the kit. Now they feel too dry. In other parts where there’s more instruments playing, it’s not that important.

- In verses the acoustic guitar is quite alone creating the stereo feeling. Now it feels a bit separate fom the band. Verses work better, as there’s also electric guitars panned.

- I like the distorted telephone with vox in chorus.
(15-09-2016, 12:47 PM)Olli H Wrote: I listened the last version (ver 3 no comp) and it sound very good to me. I like the balances, feeling and drive etc. (Sorry, I didin't compare to other versions.)

Some minor points that came to my mind, and these are probably more taste issues than real issues.
- Personally if would like the sound to open a bit more to low- and hi-end. Now it has a nice retro feeling, but I guess that also the band, client might want it to have a bit more modern sound.

- I wonder if the bass and kick are on the same frequency area. Maybe the other could go a bit deeper, and giving that way more room to the other.

- TOm fills come out quite loud to me. Well the should do that, but maybe they could be more controlled. If you want keep them loud, maybe their sound could be more open.

- In that drum solo part I think toms should have more the same space as the rest of the kit. Now they feel too dry. In other parts where there’s more instruments playing, it’s not that important.

- In verses the acoustic guitar is quite alone creating the stereo feeling. Now it feels a bit separate fom the band. Verses work better, as there’s also electric guitars panned.

- I like the distorted telephone with vox in chorus.
Thanks alot for your guidance on this one Olli h i have made some ajustmentsSmile all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Qupe, Ayni Nehirde mix 3.NO COMP.update.mp3 --  (Download: 12.04 MB)

From 1.00 onwards it sounds just excellent to my ears.

Only real issue that came to my mind: listen for the moment 0.02 with headphones where second acoustic guitar comes in. I think there one can hear too much the fader momevent.

Very minor point not to be taken care of: from 0.10 to 1.00 it feels to me as if there’s constantly more power on the left side. Hi-frequency content of acoustic on the right can’t balance the low-mid content on the left side.

But please remember that I’m very subjective listener. My comments may change depending on when was the last time I drank coffee.
Thank you very much for your comments.
I definitely like the last mix. Certainly more life without the compression. I also like your well defined bass guitar. You have made good space for it. Maybe I can take your bass section and graft it into my mix. Is that possibleHuh

Well Done Cudjoe
(26-09-2016, 10:49 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Maybe I can take your bass section and graft it into my mix. Is that possibleHuh
Lol thanks Dave.