Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fredy V Redux
After a long layoff on this one, returning found the realization of the right snare sound sound for the song. That helped make this new mix jell for me. I hope you will like the new take and will comment on the content.

As always, Thanks.

Version 13 - 2

Changed my mastering compressor and compression and rolled off some low end in this new version. I believe some clarity was brought to bear on the mix with the changes.

Enjoy and comment, please.

.mp3    Fredy V - Not Alone.mp3 --  (Download: 15.32 MB)

.mp3    Fredy V - Not Alone - 13 - 2.mp3 --  (Download: 15.32 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Love your mix ,sounds great on my monitors ,nice punchy kick and snare and nice stereo image especially the piano and backing vocals at 3.35 .
One minor thing that jumps out mainly on the horrortones is some transients of the guitar around 2.5k in the intro and through the song nothing a little dynamic eq would take care of though .

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(07-09-2016, 08:11 AM)thedon Wrote: Love your mix ,sounds great on my monitors ,nice punchy kick and snare and nice stereo image especially the piano and backing vocals at 3.35 .
One minor thing that jumps out mainly on the horrortones is some transients of the guitar around 2.5k in the intro and through the song nothing a little dynamic eq would take care of though .

Well Done Big Grin

Thanks, TheDon. Dynamic EQ. Right. I got one of those right here...
The guitar ended up being the toughest thing for me since the amount of leakage into the guitar mic is substantial. I did more processing on the guitar than any other instrument including re-amping it.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]