Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bannockburn by Jejsus
Hello everyone,

Since this is my first time on this forum, I wan't to thank all of you who made possible to share all this multitracks for us to learn on them, it's been a joy so far, and still a long way to go Smile.

I choose this song cause I've listened to a lot of 2nd wave black metal in my youth, but then moved on to technical death metal. So I hope I've retained some of the dark feeling trough all this time Smile.

I used no triggering on this track, as samples included in the track provided enough static to get the constant line trough the mix. I tried to keep s snare drum as dark as possible, like it's coming out from the darkest forest Smile, but still not muddy, which was hard with a snare being tuned so hi...

Feedback is much welcome, cheers Smile

.mp3    CnocAnTursa - Bannockburn (Mixed by_ Dejan Kozlevcar).mp3 --  (Download: 11.14 MB)

(23-05-2013, 10:06 PM)Jejsus Wrote: Hello everyone,

Since this is my first time on this forum, I wan't to thank all of you who made possible to share all this multitracks for us to learn on them, it's been a joy so far, and still a long way to go Smile.

I choose this song cause I've listened to a lot of 2nd wave black metal in my youth, but then moved on to technical death metal. So I hope I've retained some of the dark feeling trough all this time Smile.

I used no triggering on this track, as samples included in the track provided enough static to get the constant line trough the mix. I tried to keep s snare drum as dark as possible, like it's coming out from the darkest forest Smile, but still not muddy, which was hard with a snare being tuned so hi...

Feedback is much welcome, cheers Smile

Nice job. My only suggestion is that I'd like to hear the kick stand out a bit more.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Thank you for sharing your opinion. I will definitely try to redial kick and bass after I finish some acoustic treatment that I'm planning to do in my room. I hope for clearer low-mid and sub frequencies after then. Would you share what speakers did you use to listen to this track?
(24-05-2013, 10:38 PM)Jejsus Wrote: Thank you for sharing your opinion. I will definitely try to redial kick and bass after I finish some acoustic treatment that I'm planning to do in my room. I hope for clearer low-mid and sub frequencies after then. Would you share what speakers did you use to listen to this track?

M-audio BX5s with an SBX10 sub.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!