Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc - Inner Circle
I love the song, Here is my version of this mix.

.mp3    LeadInc-InnerCircle.mp3 --  (Download: 12.28 MB)

.mp3    LeadInc-InnerCircle-Revision.mp3 --  (Download: 12.2 MB)

Nice mix IMS. I like the forceful use of guitar. Maybe just sounding a little harsh on my mid rangy monitors. Mix is sounding quite busy also in that 500 to 750hz range. Maybe some cuts to the guitars in this area could be beneficial.
The guitars build nicely through the song but I feel the drums get left behind a little in the louder sections. Nothin' some automation couldn't sort out.
Great work so far.

Dave
Sounding good, adding to Daves comments maybe the bass could come up a touch.

Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

sound well balanced, except for the bass. the mix has no bass at all, so i think you need a couple of dBs on the bass chanel.

i'm agree whit dave about de harshness.

good work overall
Hi IMS I feel that some of the main vocals are a little dry imo and I think that harshness might be part to do with the LCR panning of the guitars, thanks for sharing your mix.
Hi guys, Thanks for the ears. I did a lot of drum/gtr automation to keep the flow through the song without losing the drums. I also did more bass/vocal rides to keep them in the mix. I did find some extra 300 in the guitars, that helps clean up more room in the mids. I sculpted the bus eq a bit to get some more bottom and friendlier tone. The stereo spread also made a huge difference. I pushed a widener 10% to far. The difference between a harsh gtr vocal relationship and a focused sound. What do you think of the updates?
To my ears, the changes are subtle but definitely an improvement. Listening with headphones the stereo widening has cleaned up the guitars somewhat and added some extra detail to them. There seems to be some extra room in the mid channel now. I will listen on my monitors when I get the chance. Nice Work.

Dave
Thanks Dave. I didnt want to break my original mix. Revisions i think is the hardest part of mixing, only a few minutes can to undo hours of work.