Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc. "The Inner Circle" AloneInCrowds Mix
I enjoyed mixing this. Nothing fancy and mostly eq and very little compression. I did run the bass and drum buss through some tubes for saturation and a little tube compression. Cheers

Chuck Moe

.mp3    The Lead Inc. %22The Inner Circle%22.mp3 --  (Download: 12.29 MB)

Music is nice and strong and punchy. Maybe the vocal is a tad dry for my taste, but I think it sits beautifully level-wise. Do you mix on Mixbus as well? I hear a lot of similarities between our mixes. Sounds really nice man!

Draper
(18-08-2016, 07:09 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Music is nice and strong and punchy. Maybe the vocal is a tad dry for my taste, but I think it sits beautifully level-wise. Do you mix on Mixbus as well? I hear a lot of similarities between our mixes. Sounds really nice man!

Draper

Thanks
I struggle with her vocal tracks and getting them to sit with too much verb. The vocals were tough to eq. I ended dynamically eqing some freqs.
I'm mixing with Logic Pro X but using a lot of slate emulation and passed the drum and bass buss through a LaChapelle 992EG tube pre to get that big punchy sound in the drums. I've always been interested in Mixbus. Now I'm even more interested. Does it accept third party plugins?

Cheers
Chuck
Yep! If you go with the 64 bit architecture it only will work with 64 bit plugins, however.

Have you tried playing with delays on her voice? A dynamic eq definitely can be your friend with these vox. I used a plugin called SoundBrigade that Mike Senior turned me on to. It's like a dynamic filter bank that is pretty transparent. I have fallen in love with it.

Cheers!
Draper