Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inner Circle- Mixed over a few days
Nice full sounding mix. I like the tone..maybe a little too much distortion for me but that's a creative thing.
New touchup. I master EQ'd a bit, maybe too much (all cuts) but I can't trust my speakers because I'm still house sitting and haven't gotten a great feel for the room yet.

Anyhow, here's Conway Twitty.

.mp3    Inner Circle Touchup MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.48 MB)

Overall sound is great to me.

Some minor thoughts.
- Kick feels a bit too loud, especially in softer parts, for examle around 0:30. And in busy parts it seems to dominate the groove too much. I’m having some problems of hearing the snare properly around 2:50.
- Also bass feels quite distant. I having problems in locating it among guitars in louder parts.
Thanks Olli! I hear that exact thing now. I'll get back to it and make some touch ups.

That is actually kind of how I wanted the bass to feel, but maybe I implemented it just a little too much. I like it to feel like an extension of the guitar parts during the thick guitar parts. Kind of my idea of the "wall of sound" technique (not talking about a brick wall of sound as from slamming into a heavy limiter). I'll touch that up too, though.

Thanks for your input!
Draper
A headphone critical listen this time round.
I would have to agree with Olli in regards to the kick being a tad loud through out. I'm wondering if the backing vocals require some extra comp also. In some instances when they come in they are sounding a little unruly. Otherwise the mix for me sounds great. I love your guitar tones and clarity, no sign of harshness and well tamed. I think your use of effects has been well done and tastefully inserted into the mix at your chosen intervals. Very effective.

Interesting subject on the bass. Your approach seemed similar to mine, sitting back a bit and locking down the guitar parts. I even ran a mono reverb through the bass to help with placement.(something i'm starting to do every now and then). There are however a couple places where the playing wonders up the neck a couple of octaves and for me I felt I had to push these parts forward in the mix and let them be heard.

Any how great work Draper, Well DoneBig Grin