Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lead Inc: 'The Inner Circle'
Another Great song,well recorded quick mix ,needs more work to bring out the best in everything.
Listening back at 1.16 can hear some chords clashing.
Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Inner circle-V1..mp3 --  (Download: 12.38 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Wow, a tight mix. Love the kick and snare, well done!
You could keep an eye on low mids and basses, the guitars seem to mess a little. Slightly higher lowcuts or a dynamic EQ could help keeping things tidy.

I'm slightly disappointed that you didn't keep the growls in, but since they were not really an essential part of the vocals it's fine, I guess.

Keep it up, awesome work!
Nice mix Don, sounds thick and heavy! At the intro I would suggest ducking the bass down so the low end doesn't get too flubby sounding and muddy up the rest of your mix. I found that using the trigger tracks for the kick to trigger some dynamic eq and compression on the bass also keeps the low end under control.

I love the sound of your drums on the mix, the kick is especially punchy and really works with the track.

Cheers,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Well sounding mix, Don. I liked vocals and sound of the snare.
But for my taste too many events in the centre of mixHuh
Cheers!
(08-08-2016, 02:39 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Wow, a tight mix. Love the kick and snare, well done!
You could keep an eye on low mids and basses, the guitars seem to mess a little. Slightly higher lowcuts or a dynamic EQ could help keeping things tidy.

I'm slightly disappointed that you didn't keep the growls in, but since they were not really an essential part of the vocals it's fine, I guess.

Keep it up, awesome work!
Hey Till
Thanks for the multi tracks and very detailed information on how you recorded this great song.
The Guitars definitely need more eq work.
Sorry ,I forgot to unmute the growls in mixdown Blush
will make them loud and clear in version 2 Cool

Thanks Big Grin

(08-08-2016, 04:45 PM)Konek Wrote: Well sounding mix, Don. I liked vocals and sound of the snare.
But for my taste too many events in the centre of mixHuh
Cheers!

Hi Sergey ,
listening back after a break I Agree ,version 2 coming soon !

Cheers Big Grin

(08-08-2016, 04:10 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Nice mix Don, sounds thick and heavy! At the intro I would suggest ducking the bass down so the low end doesn't get too flubby sounding and muddy up the rest of your mix. I found that using the trigger tracks for the kick to trigger some dynamic eq and compression on the bass also keeps the low end under control.

I love the sound of your drums on the mix, the kick is especially punchy and really works with the track.

Cheers,
Dcp
Hi DCP Thanks for having a listen, Good idea will try ducking the bass in version 2 Big Grin

Cheers !

A Casual listen whist working. It's got "The Don" written all over it. I like it. Tonal balance, punch and clarity all sounds great. A couple of issues aforementioned that you'll sort out I'm sure. The only other thing maybe is exploiting some automation to add to the excitement of the different passages and intensities of the music.
Super Solid Foundation, Well Done

Dave
(10-08-2016, 01:37 AM)Dangerous Wrote: A Casual listen whist working. It's got "The Don" written all over it. I like it. Tonal balance, punch and clarity all sounds great. A couple of issues aforementioned that you'll sort out I'm sure. The only other thing maybe is exploiting some automation to add to the excitement of the different passages and intensities of the music.
Super Solid Foundation, Well Done

Dave
Thanks for having a listen Dave.
will use some automation in version 2.

Cheers Big Grin

Overall sounds and balance are just fine to me.

Somehow feeling is that everything is in center and at the same time everything is stereo. It creates a bit unfocused sound. So, nothing bad with any particular sound, but together they are drifting too much, I think. I might try first to make the vox and bass mono and not so effected. That kind of trick alone might give a nice focus point to other floating sounds.