Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
I'm Alright_Angels In Amplifiers
I mixed this a while back when I was getting my home mixing rig together. I thought I'd give it another shot now that I've had some time to get used to it. Thx

.mp3    Im Alright 21izo7.mp3 --  (Download: 7.02 MB)

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Waowow! Massive! Love this loud, clear, super well-balanced mix!
The only change I'd make is to remove the hum on the toms track, which you can hear in the pause at 00:35.
Apart from that, this is the first mix I've come across (from the first 10 on this page, including mine!) where the reverb is just right.
I think I used a bit too much, though it does sound pleasantly radio-y to me... Would love to know what you think. In any case, this is great!
(27-09-2016, 08:39 PM)IRONWORK Wrote: Waowow! Massive! Love this loud, clear, super well-balanced mix!
The only change I'd make is to remove the hum on the toms track, which you can hear in the pause at 00:35.
Apart from that, this is the first mix I've come across (from the first 10 on this page, including mine!) where the reverb is just right.
I think I used a bit too much, though it does sound pleasantly radio-y to me... Would love to know what you think. In any case, this is great!

Thanks a bunch IRONWORK, I really enjoyed your mix too.
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Really Nice Loud and Wide .... Good Work On the Snares....Loved it
Lovely mix! the only thing I advice is that you don't have a bass guitar there. You have it but it needs a little bit of oomph. by compensating with the loud kick drum with the bass. lower kick drum a bit and bring the bass up a bit. cheers
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.