Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's My Right
Hi All,

Here's my go on this fun rocking track. It's a quick mix so I tried to cover the things that needed attention imho. The challenges and what I did to try solving:

- To get some power from the raw tracks, yet keep it pure. Used gentle compression and processing mainly on groups/busses only. Parallel compression on the kick, snare after eq-ing them. Parallel compression on a group buss excluding the drums. The main 2 buss has gentle eq, overall compression, midrange (multiband) compression and some saturation.
- Used multiband compression on the bass, which was lacking low-end and had a lot of string buzz.
- To get a slightly smoother and less dry overal sound I used a small room reverb bus and send the vocal, guitars and drums to that. I also used a longer reverb dealing with the midrange of the mix only.
- Automation on the 2buss to help the chorusses stick out a bit, yet not audible. The guitars in the verses are panned center.
- Solo guitar DI was send to a Fender Bassman emulation to give it some snap.

Hope you like the mix, feel free to comment, shoot, feedback etc. Have a good weekend!

gr,

.mp3    Boogie Snakes - It\'s My Right (Mix by Spadaro-Music 07-08-\'16).mp3 --  (Download: 9.79 MB)