Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise, I,d Rather Be Drinkin mix 3
Not my normal type of track i go for but i liked the vibe plus the challenge,all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Street Noise, I,d Rather Be Drinkin mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Needs more guitar 1.
Hi Cudjoe,

Enjoyed listening to your mix sounds really good and solid ,maybe a touch more taming some hf transients of some hi hats and some wooshness on the cymbals.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

An enjoyable mix to listen to Cudjoe. I like the crispness and overall balance. For me the main guitar is sounding a little isolated in the left ear listening with headphones. The recorded reverb the guitar has doesn't help either and tends to push it back further. In saying that, I really like your placement of it after the solo's. I seems to work for me much better in this centred position. Sounds more cohesive within the mix. I guess it's a taste thing at the end of the day. Well Done on a really nice mix.

Dave

Thanks guys for your comments and sorry it took so long for my reply just back from a 2 weeks holidaySmile,anyway! i have done a mix 2 with less LCR panning and a few tweeks here and there,please let me know what you think,cheers.

.mp3    Street Noise, I,d Rather Be Drinkin 2nd mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.88 MB)

2 week Holiday, Sounds Nice Smile
Mix 2 sounds more assembled and tied together. For me though, I feel you have lost some of that nice "air" and clarity of the first mix. I'm wondering if this was from an effort to control the drum overheads. If this is the case, you might be better bringing the "air" back into the mix and taming the overheads with a transient controller. Adjust the attack to soften and the sustain to control the "whoosh" I hope this helps.

Cheers
mix one was almost there all it needed was to turn down the piano in parts. I hope you saved a new version for the revisions. listen to 1:50 where the piano and guitar are more balanced together compared to at 0:55 or 1:20. Im referencing mix1.
Thanks alot Dave and IMS for your comments i do agree with you guysSmile so here is mix 3,all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Street Noise, I,d Rather Be Drinkin mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.8 MB)

Yeah thats better Cudjoe, restored crispness. Sounds nice on headphones. Love the drums and in particular the snare sound. The piano is a bit of a tough one. At the start of the song it sounds a bit detached where as in the later stages of the song it has great placement within the mix. I don't have any answers to this, seems to be a common issue with a lot of mixes posted here, including my own.

Well Done Big Grin
Thanks Dave.