Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I'd Rather Be Drinkin"
Street Noise

.mp3    I\'d Rather Be Drinkin-6c.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

I Like what I'm hearing LP. I just not too sure on the vocal treatment, sounds a little hollow and not focused. Maybe the solo piano and slide could could up a little to match the vocal also. A small thing really. Well Done.

How do you do it D...really.... how? You're freaking me out mannn. Smile Everything you mention is spot on. And my last mix was the same. You pinpoint exactly the things where i had the most difficulty. Initially i did have the slide louder and loved it like that (as i do in most of my mixes) and it was a non issue. But a few tweaks later somewhere else in the mix and now i had an issue and had to lower it. Sad

(05-08-2016, 05:58 AM)LupoPazzo Wrote: How do you do it D...really.... how? You're freaking me out mannn. Smile Everything you mention is spot on. And my last mix was the same. You pinpoint exactly the things where i had the most difficulty. Initially i did have the slide louder and loved it like that (as i do in most of my mixes) and it was a non issue. But a few tweaks later somewhere else in the mix and now i had an issue and had to lower it. Sad

It happens to me to, more often than I care to admit. I guess I hone in on my final balance usually listening to the mix in a casual way. I quite often find hearing the mix from across the room or even from another room can reveal balance issues for me. Especially when you know the song and those certain parts when they arise can sound over or under done. I also find checking the mix turned right down to a very quiet level is helpful.