Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd Rather Be Drinkin"
Started to mix this clean but didn't like where it was going. So instead I've gone for a pushed back slightly smokey sound. Seemed to be more inline with the tracks I was using for referencing. Great sounding raw tracks. The only thing I didn't like was the reverb tail on the main guitar which I ended up removing. I've made some sight timing adjustments throughout also, nothing major.

Thanks for listening
Dave

Edit: Updated Mix#3 with low mid cut to drums and further timing adjustments.

.mp3    StreetNoise_IdRatherBeDrinkin_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

.mp3    StreetNoise_IdRatherBeDrinkin_Dangerous#3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

Hello, Dave!
It sounds naturally and i like it so much.
But what do you think about some clipping sticks? I understand that the drummer drank a littleCool
I think it’s ready the way it is. Strong and natural.

Good work with timing issues. Some minor problems still left or caused by other corrections. For example
Piano around 1:50
Guitar around 2:05
Glad to hear you went for the more natural sound. You could scoop some lower mids from the drums in general, but that's just minor matter of opinion.
Great mix. I agree with Olli on some of the timing issues. But at least you bothered to clean it up unlike me Wink
Listening on headphones ,sounds great i like the drums just a touch of boxyness around 400hz on the drums in the side channels ,I'm guessing from the stereo room or overhead track could what Kapu is also hearing.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(30-07-2016, 01:22 PM)Konek Wrote: Hello, Dave!
It sounds naturally and i like it so much.
But what do you think about some clipping sticks? I understand that the drummer drank a littleCool

Thanks for checking it out. Nothing like a drink to loosen up Tongue

Dave
(30-07-2016, 02:25 PM)Olli H Wrote: I think it’s ready the way it is. Strong and natural.

Good work with timing issues. Some minor problems still left or caused by other corrections. For example
Piano around 1:50
Guitar around 2:05

Thanks Olli, The main corrections I made were with the drums and a little with the bass. Thanks for raising the problem with the piano that was an oversight on my part and have since made some corrections in that area with mix #2. I have left the guitar part alone. I don't want to upset the natural vibe of the song by clamping it up too much.

Dave
(30-07-2016, 03:03 PM)kapu Wrote: Glad to hear you went for the more natural sound. You could scoop some lower mids from the drums in general, but that's just minor matter of opinion.

Thanks for the critique. I have made some corrections in this area in mix#2. Appreciate the advise. Smile

(30-07-2016, 03:57 PM)therecordingguy Wrote: Great mix. I agree with Olli on some of the timing issues. But at least you bothered to clean it up unlike me Wink

Thanks, I'm pretty new to editing timing. Hearing the errors is one thing, correcting them is something else. My biggest problem is making sure any adjustments I make is for the better and not the worse and knowing what to touch and what to leave alone. Really makes you listen closely.

Dave