Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Doppler Shift, Atrophy, more top end mix
My mixes of this great track all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    The DopplerShift, Atrophy.mp3 --  (Download: 12.11 MB)

.mp3    The DopplerShift, Atrophy, more top end mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.13 MB)

Hi Cudjoe
Sounds good ,a lot better results than I ended up with !
Finding this one a real good challenge.
The kick is popping out a touch more noticeable in the chorus.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

There's not much in it but I think I prefer the brighter mix. Nice sounding overall. I love the vocal sound you've achieved through the verses but It does becomes a bit muffled as it intensifies through the choruses. Sounds like a great song to mix.

Dave
Thanks guys for your comments i will attack those problems on the next mix,cheers.
Hey Cudjoe,

As you noted (a few years ago, I know I'm terrible) through all of my many mixes, I achieved a bunch of really nice sound for individual portions, but I struggled to get a great cohesive mix. In that vein, I love your verses (refering to your brighter mix), but something about the choruses leaves me wanting. Something with the voice I think. There is a build up in the lower mids, I think, that sort of covers itself when the vocals get loud. I think that is what I struggled mostly with in this mix, and I know it ain't an easy thing to tackle.

As a whole, I love the work you did, and the placement and isolation is fantastic. Really nice work!

Draper
(20-01-2020, 11:04 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Hey Cudjoe,

As you noted (a few years ago, I know I'm terrible) through all of my many mixes, I achieved a bunch of really nice sound for individual portions, but I struggled to get a great cohesive mix. In that vein, I love your verses (refering to your brighter mix), but something about the choruses leaves me wanting. Something with the voice I think. There is a build up in the lower mids, I think, that sort of covers itself when the vocals get loud. I think that is what I struggled mostly with in this mix, and I know it ain't an easy thing to tackle.

As a whole, I love the work you did, and the placement and isolation is fantastic. Really nice work!

Draper
Hi Draper yes it was a while ago and i think i mixed it when i had protools,cheers.
Reaper user