Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd Rather Be Drinkin - Olli H
My first try with this one.

.mp3    StreetNoise2-2016-07-29-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 7.7 MB)

Hello, Olli!Smile
It seems to me that the drummer played betterHuhBig Grin
Nice work, solid blues-rock sound.
Maybe too agressive kick sometimes.
Cheers!
Thanks for listening. Was there some miss hits in the rendered version? I must check them.
Thank you very much for your feedback. If I'm hearing correctly, you layered the drums with samples. Maybe the snare sample has a bit too much upper mids / highs? To me it sounds a bit harsh. I like the smashy punchy rock feel your mix has.
Thanks,
yes I added some samples under the original tracks. I'll revisit this soon, so I'll check the issue you mentioned.
I like it Olli. Big powerful and clean. Sounds great though headphones.

Well Done
Really great mix. Enjoyed it a lot. How did you get the guitar so sound so "stereo"?
(30-07-2016, 03:53 PM)therecordingguy Wrote: Really great mix. Enjoyed it a lot. How did you get the guitar so sound so "stereo"?
Thanks,
I used haas-effect for both guitar and piano. To guitar to make it sound to come from the left, something like 15ms delay to right channel, and same trick to piano with opposite settings. So they're not panned at all, just delay trick. Sometimes it works, sometimes it sounds unnatural. I'm not sure yet whether I like or not. Also one must be careful with mono compatibility. I don't remember if I checked it in this case.

Listening on headphones ,Sounds great love the tail on the snare ,is that a sample or an impulse reverb ?
Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(30-07-2016, 09:57 PM)thedon Wrote: Listening on headphones ,Sounds great love the tail on the snare ,is that a sample or an impulse reverb ?
Well Done Big Grin
Thanks, it's sample from an old library by KitCore