Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MuchTooMuchMix
Beautiful band, fine vocal, great record.
I love it too muchBig Grin

.mp3    MuchTooMuch.mp3 --  (Download: 6.13 MB)

I Like your mix a lot.
Sounds really good the brass and drums and bass sounding nice and punchy in the intro.
In the verse the bass sounds a touch full in the upper bass around 157hz area and missing a little low frequencies around 50 hz.
The kick has a lot of 50hz punch just thinking as the kick only comes in every now then ,and the bass is more constant maybe reducing the kick in that are to give the bass some more low end in the low frequencies.
Thinking the piano could came up a touch more.
Just some thoughts while having a listen.
I'm due for version 3 sooon
well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you, Don, i'm appreciate your advices so muchSmile
Yes, there is small battle between kick and bass. I was not careful enough,
trying to create the real feeling of the stage. The level of the kick was supposed to help everyone else to play in timeBig Grin
And piano I placed a little behind, like in the real action.
I'll keep working on it.
CheersSmile
Version with small changesBig Grin
I'm still don't want to do detailed editing.

.mp3    Much_01.mp3 --  (Download: 6.13 MB)

To me, I'm on the verge of two really different opinions.

Put this on a vinyl with vintage gear for listening, and this could be really amazingly authentic and nostalgic. But on modern systems, it does seem a touch dry and low-end lacking to me. In years and years, I've never come across a mix that is so "taste" oriented as this one, and obviously you've done it to your own taste, and it's still perfectly enjoyable, so well done Smile
BA(Hons) Audio Production at SAE London
Thanks for listening and comments, ProfessorSmile I don't know of other ways except "taste-oriented" mixing. And finally I often need to listen my works on different speakers.
Cheers!