Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dino on the loose "Queen,s light" 2020 mix
(29-07-2016, 02:19 AM)dcp10200 Wrote: Personally I like the more compressed and up front sounding version, for me oddly enough it gave a cool hip hop vibe to it (sorry Big Dave Tongue). The way the compression pushed up the room sound up around the drums was cool, that's mostly what I missed from the first mix. I would say try using that compressor on the drums in a parallel buss so that you retain the dynamics of the mix but still have that pushed drum sound. I'll have to take a crack at this track next!

Hi dcp10200 my first mix was for listeners like you and me Smile lol but thanks again and i will start doing 2 mixes from now on.
Latest version sounding much more dynamic especially when the levels are matched !
When I mixed this I had only mixed few DAW songs and didn't have a clue about compression (still don't Blush) but remember spending a lot of time manually adjusting levels on the individual wave files and don't recall using any compressors except for using a multiband compressor mainly as an eq on the bass and kick.
I'm with Big Dave about just updating the post so others can see how well you have progressed and good advice using automation and multiband Dynamic eq to just tame things poking out instead of compressing the whole signal.
I like dcp's advice on parallel compression.
I will definitely use this good advice in my next remix.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(29-07-2016, 09:59 AM)thedon Wrote: Latest version sounding much more dynamic especially when the levels are matched !
When I mixed this I had only mixed few DAW songs and didn't have a clue about compression (still don't Blush) but remember spending a lot of time manually adjusting levels on the individual wave files and don't recall using any compressors except for using a multiband compressor mainly as an eq on the bass and kick.
I'm with Big Dave about just updating the post so others can see how well you have progressed and good advice using automation and multiband Dynamic eq to just tame things poking out instead of compressing the whole signal.
I like dcp's advice on parallel compression.
I will definitely use this good advice in my next remix.
Cheers Big Grin

Hi don I agree with you and bigDave about the update post thing,at the time I just wanted to clear out everything and start again, thanks for your comments again.
(29-07-2016, 10:02 AM)taylorrosemarie Wrote: Nice Mix Cudjoe !! Max volume Feel like get hight with Music

Thanks very much for your time :-).
2020 mix of this fantastic funky track

.mp3    Dino on the loose Queen,s Light 2020 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

.mp3    Dino on the loose Queen,s light 2020 mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.42 MB)

Reaper user