Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE TRAVELING BAND -QUICKSAND
REALLY FUN SONG TO MIX I NO ALOT OF THINGS ARE SUBJECTIVE BUT I WANTED TO CAPTURE THE OVER FEEL OF THE SONG AND I FELT THE DRUMS REALLY DROVE THIS SONG . THANK YOU FOR LISTENING AND GIVING FEEDBACK.

Update: brought the snare more forward and eq'd the main gtr to blend them better in the mix.

.mp3    TheTravellingBand_Quicksand_MIX 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.05 MB)

.mp3    TheTravellingBand_Quicksand_MIX 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.05 MB)

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
Nice work D. I like the overall darker sound of the mix. For me it suits the song nicely. Just a couple of things I'm noticing while listening that may help. Overall I like your drum sound but for me the snare is too distant and pushed back. I think you are right about the drums driving the song and I think a solid snare combined with your nice tom sound will work wonders. I feel the main guitar featured to the left is also sounding distant and could be perhaps brightened up a little to highlight it's great tone and bring it closer to the listener. Great work so far, well on the way. Smile

Dave
(27-07-2016, 01:17 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice work D. I like the overall darker sound of the mix. For me it suits the song nicely. Just a couple of things I'm noticing while listening that may help. Overall I like your drum sound but for me the snare is too distant and pushed back. I think you are right about the drums driving the song and I think a solid snare combined with your nice tom sound will work wonders. I feel the main guitar featured to the left is also sounding distant and could be perhaps brightened up a little to highlight it's great tone and bring it closer to the listener. Great work so far, well on the way. Smile

Dave

great!! ill work on that snare tbh i felt the same way when i listen to it today and ill bring out that gtr as well it's all a learning experience but its getting easier every mix and with feedback it makes it so much better. give me a couple of day sand ill get this up.
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”