Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my mix
I'm new to mixing and here's what I've come up to with this song. Any advice for improvement will be welcomed!

Thank you in advance!

.mp3    Heart Peripheral.mp3 --  (Download: 3.23 MB)

HI Juanjose

Having a little listen to your mix .

Also quite new to DAW mixing so can't get too technical, the hi hat can come down ,try to eq th synths mid bass down to brighten them up .

good work.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Ok, I've been following your advice and I think it sounds better now! What do you think?

thank you!!!

.mp3    Heart Peripheral 2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.14 MB)

The vocal sounds very thin to me and could use some extra body and warmth.
Thank you, Sano! I'll try that too!!
Could do with a bit more bottom end too.
Check out the mix by sphil14 and maybe use that as a ref bcause i think
that mix is superb myself
I agree about sphil14's mix. One day I will mix like that and like many other good mixes I've seen in this forum. Just a little bit of persistance and time will help me to achieve my goal.

Thanks for your advice about the bottom end (a real nightmare for a newbie like me!) Blush
Hi Juan!
I think the biggest problem here is that the whole mix sounds overcompressed. I noticed that also on your mix "come around". Do you use a compressor or limiter on the master track?
Yes I do. I'm new to mixing and I've read that it is good to compress the master track. I've tried to make it subtle, but apparently it's not...
I also find your mix is overcompressed. Maybe you should try mixing without compressor on the master bus. I do it too! Wink