Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how we did it back then....
below is the version I mixed when we recorded this track in 2011

this is really just for reference - have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of people wanting to mix this track

in my version i used an ADT plugin to take all life and character from the vocal, made the snare the most prominent instrument (its my snare after all!) and managed to muddy the guitars to make that fluffy wooly sound despite my best attempts not too

to cover my errors, i added a glockenspeil intro, some oddly unfitting bass heavy floaty 'efx sound' from my kp3 and in the end simulated heavy feedback to cover the abomination of the outro

if i was to do it again - id re-record everything....but it was a good exercise for the time

i do like listening to the other mixes - they have done some wonderful things with sections that i wouldn't have thought of... and have some good "Fixing" tricks which i am going to try in future recordings

wease

.mp3    01 fragile thoughts more drums.mp3 --  (Download: 7.33 MB)

The rythm section sounds good.

The snare sometimes feels a little loud. Maybe needs more compression.

The voice fx like you said takes away too much definition and makes it feel distant.

The glitchy fx you added fits the mood but i feel they could work better using them less times and more subtle. Like some subtle ear candy "did i really hear that" moment.

Nice song by the way. It was pretty fun to mix despite all the technical flaws.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Thanks for sharing so I will come with a new effect and mix
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.