Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirens (ugh!)
I tried mixing this track once before but got frustrated and let it sit for a while. I came back to it cause it has really great melodies and wanted to see if I could make it work. It was pretty frustrating in the end. Did a lot of things I've never done - like use a DeEsser on the bass to try and tame those string slides! Haha All feedback is appreciated. Cheers

.mp3    Sirens Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 15.36 MB)

I can see why you wanted to come back it. Cool song.

I think you have a very dense mix, especially during the verses. There seems to be some cool stuff in there, but I'm fighting to hear each element, instead of having each presented as a point of interest.

When I do this to a mix, I call it the 'Deep Purple Syndrome' ("Can I have everything louder than everything else.") Unfortunately I do that a lot.

Maybe panning elements into their own space across the stereo image and not letting other elements encroach would clean it up.

I like where you are headed with this. Nice work.
Thanks for the advice JP, appreciate it. I can hear what you mean about it being very dense
Hi pedder123

Listening to this today while working ie the radio from the other side of the room. This mix seems to hold it's own quite nicely. I know it's not a critical listen but it sounds quite commercial in the whole all the same. Well Done.

Dave
Appreciate that, Dave. Cheers