Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
The 'Mix Rescue' mix
Here's the mix I did of this track for Sound On Sound magazine's November 2011 'Mix Rescue' column. The mix was carried out in Reaper using a few (mainly freeware) third-party plug-ins. If you'd like to investigate the settings of this remix in more detail, the complete Reaper project can be downloaded from this page.

.mp3    1111_Remix.mp3 --  (Download: 4.96 MB)

Awesome mix, and awesome article. I didn't even realize this was an SOS issue, and further that you were the one who wrote it. I have no criticism about your mix, but more impressed that most of your processing was EQ. I was doing all kinds of things to these sounds.. didn't realize you could get such a great mix where the majority of the processing was EQ.

Anyway, if you get a chance could you check out my version? I'd love some feedback from a seasoned engineer. Thanks.

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=8236

Chris
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Great mix Mike. Its a shame that you get idiots on here posting 1 star on great mixes.
Its a shame they cant be exposed as it would be enjoyable calling round and giving them a
nice slap .They hide like rats behind their screens .
hi,

like that mix! "my" bassdrum is almost not there compared to this... huge difference in quality... gotta learn a lot more and revisit my mix, i guess. Smile
but i'd like some more fx motion for songs like this, even though its no dub version.

regards,

micha
Missed this up... this is excellent!!!
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(24-03-2017, 03:34 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Missed this up... this is excellent!!!

Thanks! Smile
En perfecto equilibrio, y exelente Poder..