Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Fergessen - The Wind - Jamolir Mix
(26-05-2013, 01:56 PM)rodion Wrote: This mix was difficult to compete with. Great sound. How did you get such a tight kick out of that material?

Thanx man!

As I recall it was two kick tracks? So, knowing myself I think I used an expander on one of the tracks and let the other one ring a bit.

As mentioned earlier I mixed this song, Christina Vane - So Easy and Tom Mckenzie - Directions that I have posted on this site on an SSL console so the exact settings aren't really available.. But will be sure to make some heavier recall notes and make them available in PDF format for anyone to implement on their plugins in the future.

Cheers
/Marcus
(26-05-2013, 02:19 PM)Jamolir Wrote:
(26-05-2013, 01:56 PM)rodion Wrote: This mix was difficult to compete with. Great sound. How did you get such a tight kick out of that material?

Thanx man!

As I recall it was two kick tracks? So, knowing myself I think I used an expander on one of the tracks and let the other one ring a bit.

As mentioned earlier I mixed this song, Christina Vane - So Easy and Tom Mckenzie - Directions that I have posted on this site on an SSL console so the exact settings aren't really available.. But will be sure to make some heavier recall notes and make them available in PDF format for anyone to implement on their plugins in the future.

Cheers
/Marcus

Yeah, that's what I did. Made a tight attack track of one of the kick tracks by using a gate and let the other track ring underneath. Still it appears I didn't get the kick as tight. I mixed in logic using the SSL Channel Strip plugin. Not quite the real thing. Would love to give that a go one day though. Back to the drawing board it is. :-)
(27-05-2013, 03:06 PM)rodion Wrote:
(26-05-2013, 02:19 PM)Jamolir Wrote:

Thanx man!

Cheers
/Marcus

Yeah, that's what I did. Made a tight attack track of one of the kick tracks by using a gate and let the other track ring underneath. Still it appears I didn't get the kick as tight. I mixed in logic using the SSL Channel Strip plugin. Not quite the real thing. Would love to give that a go one day though. Back to the drawing board it is. :-)

Keep up the good work! Smile

Hi Jamolir,

Your mix sounds very fresh!

After all the compliments you received I'm almost afraid to give a few comments....Still I'll try Wink :

I'm not sure I find the amount of treble in your mix a bit too much (i think mainly drums). On the other hand it contributes to the 'freshness' of the mix.

In some parts I have the feeling the mix feels over-compressed (drums?); maybe this also got something to do with my previous point.

Cheers!

RJ

(16-05-2013, 09:43 PM)Jamolir Wrote: Hey guys!

My take on this cool song.

Let me know what u think!

Cheers!

/Marcus

Hi Jamolir,

Your mix sounds very fresh!

After all the compliments you received I'm almost afraid to give a few comments....Still I'll try Wink :

I'm not sure I find the amount of treble in your mix a bit too much. On the other hand it contributes to the 'freshness' of the mix.

In some parts I have the feeling the mix feels over-compressed (drums?); maybe this also got something to do with my previous point.

Cheers!

RJ

(16-05-2013, 09:43 PM)Jamolir Wrote: Hey guys!

My take on this cool song.

Let me know what u think!

Cheers!

/Marcus

I think that you deserve 10/10. Your mix has that warm analog sound to it, only thing I would like better is if the drums were panned from audience point of view. All in all, no complaints at all. Keep up good work