Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allright - Voelund
Thank you both. And Juan - I Would keep that flashlight. May come in handy Some Day
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
The vox are better sounding in the second mix they did sound a bit dull.
Some nice space too. Good work
i like how the bass and drums go together well. clear and strong. the detune-chorus on the mainvocals sounds a bit weird to me (maybe a more subte treatement?).

(28-06-2016, 05:29 PM)Voelund Wrote: Version 2
Brighter vox and small adjustments, including parallel drum comp and backin of a bit on sidechain comps on 2nd and 3rd verse vocals groups.

Hiya,
I listened to mix 1 and then mix 2. I liked mix 2 much more. Panning the vocals reminded me of some of the first stereo mixes when there weren't any precedents about panning in the new (stereo) medium. (Whoops showing my age, I remember MONO!) I heard the gurgling sound mentioned on some of the verse vocals, not to my taste if it was an effect. Really liked the strings and bass sounds and overall frequency separations on the entire mix. I've been away a while myself, but I don't recall seeing any search parties for anyone in the great beyond. Nicely done.
: - )
T