Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way of Life 2 Hour Mix
Another 2 hour mix. I mix a song for 2 hours and no matter what at the 2 hour mark i make the final touches and print it. With this song i didnt use drum samples though i felt like that would have dramatically changed the strucutre and quality of this song. I pretty much left all the tracks as they were. I do think that if more time was spent on this mix i think the automation would be heavy on these tracks. I spent most of my time in the heavier part of the song, for me that was kind of where the payoff was and so those sections like the one around 2:08 sound more "right" in the mix. Overall i felt like there were a lot of things that could be changed in the mixing prep stages like replacing or adding drum sample to the kick and snare, and doing more tonal processing on the guitars that would have improved the sound but it was a fun project. I feel like i got a pretty good overall tone but i think there are still a lot of fine details that needed to be dealt with. Anyway, as always i am open to all feedback! thank you.

.mp3    Way of Life Final Mix 6-26-16.mp3 --  (Download: 13.9 MB)