Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul: 'Alright?'
G'day All,

I'm continuing to mix songs that I wouldn't normally listen to and enjoying it.Big Grin Not quite sure what "Leftfield Pop/Electronica" is but I really like this song. Beautiful clean tracks, nice arrangement and wonderful vocals. Could have bounced this one out without mixing.
Found myself spending most of the time working with the vocals and trying to make them all work together. Love the climatic parts, reminds me a bit of Andrew Stockdale.

Thanks for listening.

.mp3    Triviul_Alright_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.16 MB)

.mp3    Triviul_Alright_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.16 MB)

Nice sound. Nice balance. Love it.

You have nicely kept vocals in the middle without making them unintelligble. I tried to solve the puzzle by panning, but your solution is maybe better. But is there too much reverb or room in vox now in choruses.

(I didn’t stole the guitar delay from you, but I would have done it if I had listened your version first.)

In the final chorus drums get a bit mashed. Maybe you’re pushing the master limiter too hard, for now your drums are most powerful in first chorus.
Nice work Dave. I like how you made the vox work without stripping a lot of the instruments away. Really balanced and pleasant to listent to!

Nice movement throughout the piece. I agree with Olli about the drums.

Overall very little to touch up!

Draper
Thanks Guys, for the kind words,
I think I've gone too heavy on the parallel drum processing and haven't elevated the drums enough in the chorus finale. Got some more work to do with the vocals in the 3rd verse, they're still a bit messy. Some extra automation moves I guess.
Hello, Dave!
I liked the way you built the song! And sound good!
CheersSmile
(25-06-2016, 11:56 AM)Dangerous Wrote: G'day All,

I'm continuing to mix songs that I wouldn't normally listen to and enjoying it.Big Grin Not quite sure what Leftfield Pop/Electronica" is but I really like this song. Beautiful clean tracks, nice arrangement and wonderful vocals. Could have bounced this one out without mixing.
Found myself spending most of the time working with the vocals and trying to make them all work together. Love the climatic parts, reminds me a bit of Andrew Stockdale.

Thanks for listening.

------------------
Hey Dangerous,

I really liked your approach to the vocals...nice siblance control....the space that you have them sitting in, etc. I like the "live" feel and space you gave the whole song. The only vocal part that is getting lost is the stereo track 2nd chorus vocals.....they seem a bit undefined, but this is very minor to me. Liked the mix overall.....liked listening to it. This whole process of listening to others' mixes and providing and receiving feedback is just awesome. I've treasure this learning experience with along with the rest of you guys!!!

Peace,

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Another fine version
Agree last chorus feels like its hitting the limiter hard
I like to Think if something sounds small or squashed its better to turn down other sections of the arrangement so the loud part Can really shine
Wonderful clear vokals and fine effects
Good work
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
G'day Dave.
Love your version everything sounds glued together ,as the others have mentioned more punch on the drums especially the kick would sound great.
Nice one Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(26-06-2016, 10:53 AM)Konek Wrote: Hello, Dave!
I liked the way you built the song! And sound good!
CheersSmile

Thanks alot Konek, Always appreciate your comments. You'll have to have a go at this one.Smile

(27-06-2016, 04:20 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: ------------------
Hey Dangerous,

I really liked your approach to the vocals...nice sibilance control....the space that you have them sitting in, etc. I like the "live" feel and space you gave the whole song. The only vocal part that is getting lost is the stereo track 2nd chorus vocals.....they seem a bit undefined, but this is very minor to me. Liked the mix overall.....liked listening to it. This whole process of listening to others' mixes and providing and receiving feedback is just awesome. I've treasure this learning experience with along with the rest of you guys!!!

Peace,

Tom

Thanks Tom. Yeah, I spent a bit of time heavily cutting the sibilance in the parallel channel which when mixed back in, balanced out nicely. Still have to work on my vocal clutter, just have to work out how.
It sure is wonderful how we can all post a mix and then compare. There has been a great variety of colour and texture presented here, with all the mixes having plenty of great elements to them. Got to love what everyone has come up with. Fantastic learning exercise. Big Grin

Dave