Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Griffo: 'Blood To Bone'
Hmmm guitars, me like guitars.Big Grin

I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out, although listening back it is sounding somewhat rounded.
Dave

Update

Version #4 final mix

.mp3    YoungGriffo_BloodToBone_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.15 MB)

.mp3    YoungGriffo_BloodToBone_Dangerous#4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.15 MB)

Sounds like a record to me.
I like especially those quieter parts, but maybe those louder parts are a little too "round" as you said. How about more definition and energy to snare's upper mids when things get rough?
Interesting sound, I think I'll try this song someday.
Hi Dave ,I like your mix of this great Aussie band ,This one one I have to have another shot at soon .
Having a little listen your mix would sound awesome reducing some vocal sibilance and a touch more top end on the drums.
The Electric at 0.52 maybe a touch upfront maybe just the 500-1.2k area.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks Olli and Don for your helpful comments. I have uploaded version #2 based on your suggestions. Added some air to the drums and snare, also made some adjustments to the dynamic eq on the guitars. Will have to work on the vocal sibilance some more. Much happier with the sound now. Smile

Dave
I listened now the version 3.

Sounds great. My favorites are vox and kick sounds.

Guitars maybe could be hi-passed a bit. At 1.25 the other guitar is almost humming, and I first thought that it was bass.

During the guitar solo the snare sound is a bit boxy.

SOlo guitar is maybe a bit hollow and unfocused. It’s diffucult to locate in stereo field.
The drums are too distant for me .The whole mix is in a way.
(14-07-2016, 01:47 PM)Olli H Wrote: I listened now the version 3.

Sounds great. My favorites are vox and kick sounds.

Guitars maybe could be hi-passed a bit. At 1.25 the other guitar is almost humming, and I first thought that it was bass.

During the guitar solo the snare sound is a bit boxy.

SOlo guitar is maybe a bit hollow and unfocused. It’s diffucult to locate in stereo field.

Thanks Olli, I can hear these issues now that you have made them apparent. I will address these in version#4. I agree, with how the guitar solo is sounding I was just playing around with the "Proximity" plugin trying out some of the stereo widening just for fun.

(15-07-2016, 02:39 AM)takka360 Wrote: The drums are too distant for me .The whole mix is in a way.

Thanks Alan, the drums are sounding a bit soft at the start which is pushing them back a bit. Will try to address with version#4

Hello Dave!
Your update version looks close to finishingSmile
I liked the snare sound, it change a lot and now more vivid.
For my taste, there is not enough presence for guitarsHuh
Well Done!
Great job! nice mix and balance. Nit-picking a bit but that's what we want here isn't it? I agree the drums could use a bit of smack! And there is some masking of the lead vocal going on. I always have that problem in my mixes. Very nice, though.
If you appreciate my feedback, please visit one of my mixes and give your thoughts.