Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benjamin John_Better Way_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Love this little song. Here's my mix. Hope y'all like it. Comments, as always, are welcomed. Enjoy!

Tom

.mp3    Better Way_3_Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 4.96 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hi Tom ,
Another solid mix ,I like a lot Love the intro and how you controlled the top end and sibilance , a personal preference the bass guitar could come up a touch to match the kick level .
I cheated and ended up using the Waves Bass Rider .The vocals and guitars maybe competing for space a touch around 200-300hz area ?

Don Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(18-06-2016, 12:47 PM)thedon Wrote: Hi Tom ,
Another solid mix ,I like a lot Love the intro and how you controlled the top end and sibilance , a personal preference the bass guitar could come up a touch to match the kick level .
I cheated and ended up using the Waves Bass Rider .The vocals and guitars maybe competing for space a touch around 200-300hz area ?

Don Big Grin

--------------------------
Don, it's not "cheating" to use Bass Rider....I use it a lot. I usually cut around 200 to 300hz range at the various stages of a mix.....may have forgotten to do that with this mix. I can hear everything though. Not gonna go back to this mix to re-mix though. Doing a project for a friend......organ trio.....good shit. Later....Peace.

Tom

Listening to yours right after Shul's, my first impression is "zomgREVERRRRRB". The contrast makes me feel like it risks slipping into the zone of "....because, Reverb!"

I like your control of the sibilance and transients on the vocal, youve got more of the smoothness Id like to hear in Shul's mix, but Id like to hear more of the clarity of his mix in yours. Thanks for sharing.

Also, early thought: "... Dude where do you get three pipe organs in one...oh, nevermind"
(19-06-2016, 04:37 AM)RyanThompson Wrote: Listening to yours right after Shul's, my first impression is "zomgREVERRRRRB". The contrast makes me feel like it risks slipping into the zone of "....because, Reverb!"

I like your control of the sibilance and transients on the vocal, youve got more of the smoothness Id like to hear in Shul's mix, but Id like to hear more of the clarity of his mix in yours. Thanks for sharing.

Also, early thought: "... Dude where do you get three pipe organs in one...oh, nevermind"

-------------------

Ryan, your comments (some of them) were a bit too esoteric for me in that I couldn't understand what you were trying to say. For instance, were you saying I used too much reverb or not a quality reverb, etc.? But, as to your props on the way I handled the vocal...thanks for that.

Peace,

Tom