Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The wing jeremias 666 mix
Here is my mix.

I went more for a rock feel than folk rock. I am not satisfied specially with the rythm guitars, i think they need to be louder , but i dont like much their tone to be pushed louder or adding more midrange.

Nice song, quite catchy.

Pd: i just noticed i used the word "wing" instead of "wind", sorry for naming wrongly the song.

.mp3    the wing - jeremias666.mp3 --  (Download: 4.29 MB)

Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Hi, this is not a bad mix. You chose the flanging melodic guitar to sit in the middle with the vocals. Maybe a tip guitarwise could be to play around with the pan settings of the guitar tracks and create the space a bit more for them to complement each other.
Nice sounding mix.i kike the sound of that kick drum it sounds like a kick drum.Backing vocs are spot on too for me.good job.
Thanks for the feedback.

Its nice to get a compliment on the kick drum, as i spend some time to make it feel organic but powerful. The drummer is great so i tried to feature the drums in a powerful but non obtrussive fake plastic sounding way.

About the guitars i tried to pan the melodic guitars left and right but didnt like it much, the sound of the rythm guitars made me doubt about what to do with the electric guitars in general. I just keep hearing the song in my head with more clean sounding rythm guitars, like a light overdrive sound with a smooth "grain".
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.