Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Broken Man - Dags mix
Far out.
Getting the bass to be audible through a range of speaker systems is half the battle with this song.

Tips:
Multiband compression to stop the mids from booming whilst leaving the fat lows, parallel distortion to aid mid range clarity and an octave up pitch shift in parallel to get it audible across a smaller system finally did the trick.

'night all!

Dags

.mp3    Broken Man - Dags mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.34 MB)

So many songs, so little time!
NICE,love the solid puch you have here Dags god work.
Real nice vocal too so well done on this.
Thanks mate. There wasn't much in the way of snap or punch to the drum loops so my loop parallel processing buss included the Plug & Mix transient shaper with the attack really ramped up to the point of being ridiculous.
G'Day Dags !

Good work
nice sounding mix.
I might try your ideas in a remix to get bass to translate on different monitors too.
One minor thing that stands out mainly on the horratones at low volume, i think it's the drums in the chorus and at 2.47 sound a little too harsh and washy.

Thanks.

Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Ah thanks. That could be the distorted percussion. I was going for something a little gritty but might need to take another look at the choice I made.
Solid, dude! Way to pay attention to different monitors. I have a hard time giving low-quality monitors or consume-grade equipment the time of day :-)

I'm not sure what, but it seems that you could achieve some dynamism and variety going into the choruses. Great work!