Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Way Of Life - Olli H
As this is a bit unknown genre to me, I couldn't find any suitable reference to study. In the end I took Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams to have at least something to remind me what is natural balance for loud music.

.mp3    wayoflife-2016-06-07-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 14.03 MB)

Thanks for your feedback. I'd tame the HF transients from kick and toms. Initially I thought your distorted guitars were perhaps too heavy/metal-type, but I got used to them quickly. Rock solid. I like the way you've used the drum room.
THanks for your feedback.

(07-06-2016, 12:27 PM)kapu Wrote: I'd tame the HF transients from kick and toms.
I'll check those

(07-06-2016, 12:27 PM)kapu Wrote: Initially I thought your distorted guitars were perhaps too heavy/metal-type, but I got used to them quickly.

I didin't even know what this genre is called, so I just made a hi-fi-metal mix. Wink

Hey Olli damm that sounds good very good mix,by the way thanks for your review,i have done a mix 2,well done.
hello olli, i like your mix. it sounds powerfull although i would say theres too much bass going on (like in my previous mix). i don't know much about this genre, too but i would say that the "click" on the kick could be more decent. i found out that for me it worked better using only the amped bass track, because of the crackles in the DI and BassPedals tracks.
--
I really like what you did here. If I were to recommend anything it would be to widen guitars or narrow the toms. Also, I think dirtying up the vocals would compliment the grunge elements of this song. I'm thinking Alice in chains, sound garden or stone temple pilots. Maybe even some over the top delay on the Vox. Keep up the good work.