Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike's Sulking | GlitsMix
That's most certainly one of the songs available here I liked the most. It was of big pleasure and enjoyment to mix it.

I've given a creative,yet sorta retro sounding approach, thus adding up to this song a completely different vibe.

The vocal FX is a blend of chorus, distortion and an exaggerated "ping pong" like delay, that were driven to a reverb buss shared by other instruments

The guitar solo I divided into three melodical sections:
The first one, I made mono and panned center, to introduce it more clearly against the other guitars;
The second section has a lower volume and is back on stereo, making the solo work more like a rhythm addition to the song;
And then the third one is also the louder and more up front section, to complement an accelerated lick that leads into a harmonic shift in the song.

Hope you all like it. Feel free to write down below any feedback, critique, whatsoever. Thanks!

.mp3    SpikeMullings_MikesSulking.mp3 --  (Download: 9.48 MB)

Nice job adding a different vibe to the song!!!
(28-07-2016, 09:31 PM)boo130trill Wrote: Nice job adding a different vibe to the song!!!

Thank you! I appreciate you liked it.Big Grin
nice vocal effect, maybe a little too much or too often. cymbals i like them closer t the drumkit (less wide). good mix.