Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackie Greene: 'Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind'
Mix 1 brought me right in to a very engaging space. And keep my ears fully enthralled. Vocal blend is spot on. Nicely coherent space. Good pulse and dynamics. Great energy and attention to the performance. Excellent mix of space AND intimacy. Tonal balance is sweet throughout. I heard Neal Schon nodding his approval. The side space you engineered is full and has enough to tickle just the right spots. Very well done.

I tried the JBLs but they did not work for me in my space.

Mix 2 has a great stage. Did you change the sides? Cool perspective. I can almost sense which festival stage this is. Or could draw it out from what I am hearing in your mix. Wonderful. Yes. You did change the sides. Compressed and phase flipped? Good fade at the end.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks Mix. I missed this comment a while back. I think I kept the L/R perspective the same
but added more of the audience in the second version. I use the JBL’s in pretty close proximity and they compliment my NS10’s nicely. I later purchased the JBL sub which took a bit to get used to. After taking some time I like how it’s sounds now. I tried the JBL’s in a different space and they sounded horrible. They were placed a bit further away. Thanks for the listen.
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Interesting... the way you mixed this tune there seems to be a few details that didn't show up in my mix. I think though that the drums are down a little too low. Seems to lack some energy and I think that may be why.
Old West Audio
(04-06-2018, 11:44 AM)azwayne Wrote: Interesting... the way you mixed this tune there seems to be a few details that didn't show up in my mix. I think though that the drums are down a little too low. Seems to lack some energy and I think that may be why.

Thanks for the listen. What details? I gave your mix a listen and it sounded like you had everything covered.
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Well, I noticed little fills and such seemed a bit more noticeable in your mix, especially from the Hammond.
Old West Audio