Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Anna Blanton_Waves_mix Tommy Marcinek
This is a great mix. I am working on this right now and I know what a challenge it is, but I don't think I will spend the time for the timing correction
Great work Tom, this is excellent work.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(03-06-2016, 09:56 AM)Olli H Wrote: Great sound and good work with timing.
Excellent job!

Some minor notes
- to me acoustic guitar sounds a bit too much DI
- background vox has some sort of phasing effect

but no reason to come back to this Smile These tracks were mainly a timing rehearse and very challenging such.

-----------
Thanks Olli......yeah the guitar had that weird kick drum sound on the downbeats. I took the track into iZotope RX offline and was able to get rid of most of it. I then brought it into the mix and did some more processing. But, ultimately, the track was what it was and I tried to minimize any artifacts from the processing that I needed to do. That kick drum sound was driving me nuts....had to quash that. That is probably why you said the guitar sounds a bit too much DI. I purposely put that phasing effect on the background vocals......love that kind of sound, however, for this type of song it's probably not the best thing to have done. But, you are right, and as I've been saying, the real crux of this mix is the challenge of getting things in time.

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(03-06-2016, 02:13 PM)therecordingguy Wrote: This is a great mix. I am working on this right now and I know what a challenge it is, but I don't think I will spend the time for the timing correction

----------------
Thanks therecordingguy....appreciate the props. I know what you mean, but once I started the project the NEED to make the timing right on all tracks was taking me over like some kind of weird possession thing.....lol. Just had to do my absolute best, but it did take a lot of time. I could have made it even better, but as it is, the timing is pretty good and it actually maintains a nice live performance kind of sound with the minor imperfections in timing remaining.

Peace....

Tom

(03-06-2016, 07:51 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Great work Tom, this is excellent work.

--------------

Hey Digital......thanks soooooooooo much for the props. I am very humbled with all the nice comments I've been getting. Thanks again.

Tom

As noted, you've pulled off an incredible feat with this. Well done!

Draper
(04-06-2016, 04:54 AM)loweche6 Wrote: As noted, you've pulled off an incredible feat with this. Well done!

Draper
------------

Thanks much Draper......much appreciated. I did work quite long and hard on that mix.

Tom

Awesome mix. Great bottom end. Really nice
(08-06-2016, 02:20 PM)Nos Wrote: Awesome mix. Great bottom end. Really nice

------------

Nos...thanks.....really appreciate it!!!!!!

TomAngel

Oh this is wonderfully done! I'd just like to point out, as Olli did, the acoustic guitar sound like it has too much high frequencies in it. Other than that, the timing, violin, bass, lead vox, and balance are great.