Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
atrophy
ok iam done for today 3mixes and iam dead

.mp3    atrophy drum mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.2 MB)

You want to slow down a bit and take more time,practice what you preach a bit.Big Grin
Nice bass sound,not a bad mix really.
I can understand the enthusiasm, but 3 mixes in a day doesn't really give a lot of time to 'craft' the sound - nor is it good for the 'next' mix - or the next one that day. The thing is that one loses perspective after about 4 hours - and that's guaranteed. On a 'long' mix session where we've listened to our mix done 'yesterday' and compared that with what we're hearing 'today', we're often disappointed with yesterday's mix (because we're hearing with 'fresh' ears). That's the loss of perspective mentioned earlier. I think we've all done this more often than we'd care to admit and no matter how many visual 'tools' we use to check the mix, we're effectively mixing blind when it's really our ears that matter most. Take frequent breaks and even change the listening material between breaks before returning to the original mix. This all helps re-calibrate listening perspective and certainly taking more time to 'craft' a mix will help [us all] turn out more satisfying material. Also be aware that mixing with a cold or flu-like symptoms isn't really a good idea. I'm recently guilty of that one.

I wouldn't like to comment too much on this mix as I haven't worked on it myself - but I have downloaded the tracks and will have a go at this song shortly. I hope you've found some value in the above comments.
Now did any one take notice to the fact I said new gear and iam not just talking software here new board presonus st live 24.4.2 new mons genelec 6010 5.1 pultec eqm-1s3 mastering eq Rupert neve 5043 comp. Avalon vt-747sp ssl xlogic alpha ch. and what iam try to fix is the fact ive never really like 360 sound but times are changing so iam at a bit of a handycap right now that's why I ran three very diverse mixes
There's nothing in this post suggesting the use of new gear or software, etc. What you said was: "ok iam done for today 3mixes and iam dead". My response was based on that. My commentary was not criticism. It was just polite guidance which may help improve your mixing skills. :o)
(10-05-2013, 01:43 PM)Robert Wrote: There's nothing in this post suggesting the use of new gear or software, etc. What you said was: "ok iam done for today 3mixes and iam dead". My response was based on that. My commentary was not criticism. It was just polite guidance which may help improve your mixing skills. :o)

LOOK AT ONE OF MY POST FROM YESURDAY I NO WROTE IN NEW GEAR MIX SOMEWARE
(10-05-2013, 02:44 PM)mikrostudios Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 01:43 PM)Robert Wrote: There's nothing in this post suggesting the use of new gear or software, etc. What you said was: "ok iam done for today 3mixes and iam dead". My response was based on that. My commentary was not criticism. It was just polite guidance which may help improve your mixing skills. :o)

LOOK AT ONE OF MY POST FROM YESURDAY I NO WROTE IN NEW GEAR MIX SOMEWARE AND I DIDNT TAKE AS CRITICISM JUST STATING A FACT SORRY IF I CAME ACROSS THAT WAY

Please forgive me if you know this already, but.... in social media, making comments intentionally in 'caps' is generally understood as 'shouting' at someone. I think the fault in this particular instance is making an assumption that all of your posts have been read. Simple mistake to make. :o)