Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anna Blanton "Waves"
Listened both versions, and both sound great. I'm just thinking, was all that timing worth it? The corrected version doesn't sound that much better to my ears. I actually kind of like the drunk feel the unedited tracks have. Anyways, great job! Smile
(07-06-2016, 09:17 PM)kapu Wrote: Listened both versions, and both sound great. I'm just thinking, was all that timing worth it? The corrected version doesn't sound that much better to my ears. I actually kind of like the drunk feel the unedited tracks have. Anyways, great job! Smile

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I'm sure it's worth it, if it's done well. I still need a lot more practice with this sort of editing though.

Thanks for checking it out.

You've got a nice mix. Though as Thedon said a little over limited. but yeah big challenge this one. Great Job
(08-06-2016, 02:08 PM)Nos Wrote: You've got a nice mix. Though as Thedon said a little over limited. but yeah big challenge this one. Great Job

Thanks Nos. There's only light limiting and downwards comp in this mix. I think it maybe the parallel comp bus and the small room reverb that you are hearing. Probably pushing it a bit hard. I wouldn't mind remixing this one when time permits. Have learnt a lot with this track.
the second version sounds better to me. I think you've done it pretty well despite the fact that this was one of the hardest ones I've been facing here! Smile
mixing since April 2013
(11-06-2016, 04:24 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: the second version sounds better to me. I think you've done it pretty well despite the fact that this was one of the hardest ones I've been facing here! Smile

Thanks juanjose, Got to agree, this was pretty tough. Wonderful learning exercise though.
Dave
Excellent work with the timing, I didn't even attempt to go down that road. I really like how you got the brushes to sound as well.
hello Dangerous! Thanking you for your comment on one of my mixes, I will return the kindness to you!
Listening to the first instance, I see compression problems, maybe you should not tighten so much with the compression and with respect to the balance and the mixture it seems correct to me since I listened to the reference and apparently it seems a simple song but in reality it is complex to mix and that is why As a personal challenge, I will also download it to work on it. I hope I can do it in the best possible way.
Greetings and great work Dangerous!
(20-06-2021, 12:14 PM)diegosandon Wrote: hello Dangerous! Thanking you for your comment on one of my mixes, I will return the kindness to you!
Listening to the first instance, I see compression problems, maybe you should not tighten so much with the compression and with respect to the balance and the mixture it seems correct to me since I listened to the reference and apparently it seems a simple song but in reality it is complex to mix and that is why As a personal challenge, I will also download it to work on it. I hope I can do it in the best possible way.
Greetings and great work Dangerous!
Thank you diegosandon.  I was out of my depth with this one. I will listen out for your mix.