Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anna Blanton "Waves"
Hello All,

Not sure with this one, but I feel that I have exhausted all my efforts. Individually the tracks seem well recorded, although the guitar has it's issues. I just really struggled with cohesion within the mix, perhaps the lack of a strong rhythm section in the song is the problem, more than likely though it's probably just me. All I know is that I've spent more time than I care to admit, trying to tie this one together. May be I'm suffering from "Mixers Block" Undecided

Anyhow, Lovely Song.Smile

Update Version #2 With Timing Improvements and relaxed reverb.

.mp3    AnnaBlanton_Waves_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.48 MB)

.mp3    AnnaBlanton_Waves _Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.44 MB)

Hi Dave ,
Just had a little play around with lovely song myself and what a challenge.
Maybe just a touch less master compression or limiting on the master bus ?

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(31-05-2016, 11:15 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hello All,

Not sure with this one, but I feel that I have exhausted all my efforts. Individually the tracks seem well recorded, although the guitar has it's issues. I just really struggled with cohesion within the mix, perhaps the lack of a strong rhythm section in the song is the problem, more than likely though it's probably just me. All I know is that I've spent more time than I care to admit, trying to tie this one together. May be I'm suffering from "Mixers Block" Undecided

Dangerous.....good job! As you already know, THIS was a challenge.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(01-06-2016, 08:55 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Dave ,
Just had a little play around with lovely song myself and what a challenge.
Maybe just a touch less master compression or limiting on the master bus ?

Cheers Big Grin

Thanks Don for pointing this one out, I think I'm pushing the parallel comp too hard and the small room reverb, trying to glue this thing together. A bandaid fix really. Need to deal with the timing issues. But where to start? Tommy has at least worked some magic with this.
(02-06-2016, 01:48 AM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(31-05-2016, 11:15 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hello All,

Dangerous.....good job! As you already know, THIS was a challenge.

Tom

Tom, you are being too nice. You have given me something to go on with, having listen to your mix.
Pretty good fixing work. It must have taken too much time Smile

Maybe a bit too spacious. I wonder if it could me more 3 dimensional if some well chosen instruments had a less space. Not the space feels a bit hard. This song might benefit of softer space.

I love that distortion on electric guitar. Just like in those old 40’s recordings.
I agree this one offers a decision making workout.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Thanks for the feedback Guys!

Have just uploaded Version#2 with some attempt at time correction.
This song has been a great learning exercise for sure.

Dave
(04-06-2016, 04:57 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Thanks for the feedback Guys!

Dave

----------------

Dave, your version 2 with the timing correction.....NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done, sounds totally natural as a performance. Glad you attempted it. This song WAS indeed a challenge.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(04-06-2016, 03:41 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 04:57 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Thanks for the feedback Guys!

Dave

----------------

Dave, your version 2 with the timing correction.....NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done, sounds totally natural as a performance. Glad you attempted it. This song WAS indeed a challenge.

Tom

Thanks heaps Tom. I wouldn't have attempted this if I hadn't have listened to your wonderful mix.
There are still some errors I've made throughout, I will have to practice this sort of thing more often. It becomes a real musical decision as to how much squaring up you do. I guess in the end it's just got to suit the style of music.