Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
HungarianDance_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Hi all! I've been very busy lately but I really wanted to mix this one. The artist/s did some editing to the guitar track but there were still things that had to be done. I really like the percussive aspect of the guitar so I did NOT want to squash that too much. Also, although I could have, I did NOT want to get rid of all the string noise...wanted it to sound natural. Some of the guitar notes were not good in some places so I grabbed the goods ones from other places in the track, cross faded, etc., and took care of those issues. I also corrected some timing issues as well. Because of the extensive manual editing I did, I really couldn't use the mic'd track. It's kind of o.k. because there was just too much mic bleed going on there and even though some think it's sacrilege not to use all the tracks......well, in this case it really worked out. I wanted a nice tight mix with a natural kind of sound and not too much processing and widening, etc. Hope you like the mix. Let me know what you think.

Later....

Tommy Marcinek

.mp3    HungarianDanceNo5.mp3 --  (Download: 6.51 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
What, no mic'd track! Dodgy lol.
Really nice ambient sound Tom. I think you have achieved the sound you were after. You have done a great job of the sax, considering that you have dropped the mic'd track. I don't know how you did it but you did it.

Dave
It almost sounds like the saxophone is phased or chorused or something?

I like the balance between sax and guitar throughout, and you did wonderful things to the direct input signal! Of course, the DI signal has some serious buzzing on it that is not very flattering.

Nice that you could fix that quick guitar part where he missed a note or two!