Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My take on the track
Hello guys this is my take on the nice ballad

Please leave a comment.
Thanks

.mp3    Jay menon.mp3 --  (Download: 9.67 MB)

Hello

Nice sounding mix !

The guitar solo at 2.41-2.55 is too low and needs to come up to the same level as the following piano.
(a little automation)
Realy good work.

Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

G'day Sike

Your mix is lovely overall. Looking forward to giving this one a go myself - I'll have to be very careful not to give it the '80s drench everything in 2sec reverb processing Smile

I agree with TheDon's observation about the guitar solo needing to come up a bit. When the vocals drop away, we need to search for whatever instrument is most likely to fill that void (if there is one that has been recorded) and give it more focus.
The other thing I can hear that could be looked at with this version is that the stick/snare needs to come up in level. I can hear it as a wash in the reverb but there's no real presence of the instrument itself in the mix.

But these are just minor tweaks Sike. The rest of your mix is fine.

Dags

So many songs, so little time!
thank you for your opinions guys, apreciate it.

Great mix Sike.

Everytime I hear this I want the big epic DUFF DUFF DUFF toms to come in and the big lift with a drum track and your mix Sikes really gets me leading towards it.

I feel the drums a little tucked away though, not quite my big epic glam rock ballad that I'm thinking for my mix, but a little boost in the low end of the kick to give the track a little more rhythm and something for the guy who can't dance to latch onto when he's been dragged, by his girl on to the dance floor. Dags also is right with the stick, it's a little wet and no definition in the mix.

Other than the drums you've nailed this mix!
apreciate it dave Smile, and you are right about pronouncing drums, its just i have lost alot of my mixes because of hard drive problems, so i dont think ill bother mixing this song all over again