Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Corine, Corine" - What a massive difference!
I've always thought he was such a good singer. His comedies are so silly it's hard to take him seriously as a singer but wow. Thanks for linking that. He's basically Frank Sinatra.
(05-09-2016, 10:54 PM)JadeWilliamson Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 09:54 PM)takka360 Wrote: I think the brass is too over powering .Lay back on that a bit and i think you would have a bitter mix.
The snare hits also sound dodgy

I'm honestly not trying to mindlessly undermine your entire post but it's definitely just gonna come out like that.

The song is 90% brass. Blame the arrangement, not the mix engineer. If he turned down the brass he would be turning down almost everything.
Also the snare didn't get its own track and it made me cry when I mixed it. I wish there was a full mix down of the drums but I guess you can't win em all. There are only a kick track and an overhead track. There's next to nothing he could do with the snare. Unless there's something I don't know, which is fine too!

90 % or not its still too loud
I like both Mixes,maybe less compression and more automation for a touch more definition and dynamics ,Can hear Some frequencies competing for space especially in the low end.
I'm due to have another shot at this one again soon !
Good job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(06-09-2016, 06:01 AM)takka360 Wrote: 90 % or not its still too loud

That's fair
"I also looked up some pictures of this band's live set so I could get a good idea of their vision with the song."

That is great! Thumbs up!