Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ComeAroundMix
HelloSmile
That's my vision of this beautiful song!
Hope you enjoy itBig Grin
## And update version

.mp3    ComeAround.mp3 --  (Download: 5.71 MB)

.mp3    ComeAround2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.78 MB)

Wow... I don't even know why this song isn't in my drive. This is a beautiful song.

Now my comments. Currently listening on normal user headphones, not my studio headphones.

*great balance
*good separation
*eq is well done imo.

Actually I don't want to get technical.
You made my self get lost in the song in a nice way.
I felt the dynamics of it fit the grid with the melodies. And the separation on the tracks create that ambiance really good.
Its the first time I hear this song and I can only say you caught my attention with it.

Its a good mix Smile

Mixing this soon!!
Hey))) It's not fair)) Although it's niceBlush
Maybe the reason is reverb on master channel.
In any case, thanks a lot, Shul!!!
(23-05-2016, 11:17 PM)Konek Wrote: Hey))) It's not fair)) Although it's niceBlush
Maybe the reason is reverb on master channel.
In any case, thanks a lot, Shul!!!

Lol Okay I'll get a bit technical since I've downloaded the tracks my self and currently working on the mix.

There is a large amount of resonating freq. in several tracks.
Not your fault.. this happened while recording the tracks. Either the mic was a malfunctioning one.. or the room everything was recorded in didn't really help.

The least of our worries is the vocals.. only a couple freq. peaks here and there.
The guitars however are awful to eq. (you know since I'm actually trying to get rid of all those bad freq.)

You should look out for the 700hz, 1khz, 2khz, 3khz, all around your tracks.
I'm sure if you get rid of those freq. at some level your mix will not be harsh sounding as it is.

P.S. I'm currently listening on my studio monitors Smile
the previous comments were done while at work and with some average headphones so I didn't really noticed that well. Also I loved the song so that was a bit of a distraction while listening Lol
Nice work Konek, Balances seem good. The vocals for me are sounding a little distant, maybe could do with some presence. The only other thing really is trying build on the intensity throughout the song. Working the softer passages up to the climax of the choruses and the like. For example I can here are some nice guitar parts within which I feel could be pushed a little harder to help light the fire as the song moves and intensifies. If that makes sense.
I reckon you can take this mix to the next level.Smile

Dave
Hello. Shul! Hello, Dave! Thanks a lot for listening and advicesSmile
Later i will try to improve my track. But now i'm in the Siberian mountains, i'll rest there for about a monthBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Here is very slow Net and fantastic pine forest! Maybe once a week i'll be in the chat!
See you later, guys!SmileSmileSmile
First impression, there are some midrange peaks coming out of the main guitar that could be tamed a little. The vocal feels a little thin.. overall I feel the track could open up a lot.. Maybe push the master limiter a little harder?
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Thank your for comments a lot. The only thing I wanted to know which version you mean, they seem to me quite different. In any case i'll check it with new knowledge.
As for the limiter, maybe you're right, but i'm afraid that my speakers will breakBig Grin
(29-09-2016, 01:52 PM)Konek Wrote: Thank your for comments a lot. The only thing I wanted to know which version you mean, they seem to me quite different. In any case i'll check it with new knowledge.
As for the limiter, maybe you're right, but i'm afraid that my speakers will breakBig Grin

Whenever I see two versions posted I always listen to the second one, assuming that the mixer wanted to fix things in the first mix.
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Ok, thanks againSmile