Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIRLS UNDER GLASS - 'We Feel Allright' Mix
Hello,

This is my mix for GIRLS UNDER GLASS ' We Feel Allright'

Nikos GLk,

Hellish Music Productions

.mp3    GIRL UNDER GLASS _Hellish Music Productions.mp3 --  (Download: 11.05 MB)

Like the delays on the vocals. Very tastefully done.

Sounds like you missed the lagging bass beat though. Turn on a sub and you'll hear it right away.
Old West Audio
(24-05-2016, 06:04 AM)azwayne Wrote: Like the delays on the vocals. Very tastefully done.

Sounds like you missed the lagging bass beat though. Turn on a sub and you'll hear it right away.

Thank you so much azwayne. I actually heared the bass beat but i lowered it a lot in the mix. I will mix the track again with the bass beat a few db's louder.

Thanx again my friend.

Nikos glk
It might be worth your time to read through the writeup that Mike did on this track. The issue is not a matter of volume so much as it is, "there's something fishy around here." I forget how he dealt with it but the problem is one of the synth kicks. What I did was to split the difference on timing and pull it a tad ahead. For me, that seemed to get it to fit in pretty well but I think Mike's approach was probably the better one.
Old West Audio
Thank you for the quotation.

I remix the track and i did something different. I split the signal in two different tracks and then summing them into a third one.The first has the low rumble (sub) and the other the upper mid frequencies and i've use m/s eq and comp for keeping the things in place.

I think that now sits better than the previous mix.
I am glad to have your opinion. A second opinion is a must.

Best regards,

Nikos Glk

(25-05-2016, 06:13 AM)azwayne Wrote: It might be worth your time to read through the writeup that Mike did on this track. The issue is not a matter of volume so much as it is, "there's something fishy around here." I forget how he dealt with it but the problem is one of the synth kicks. What I did was to split the difference on timing and pull it a tad ahead. For me, that seemed to get it to fit in pretty well but I think Mike's approach was probably the better one.

.mp3    01 - Girls Under Glass - We feel allright .mp3 --  (Download: 12.36 MB)

Vocal is a bit dry (to my taste). But, otherwise, a well balanced mix.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42