Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Way Of Life (New song from Lead Inc... :D)
(22-05-2016, 09:04 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Shul,
Sounds like a pretty solid mix ,
After having a listen can hear things I like and have to fix in my mix.
listening on headphones can hear a little too much low end on the kick and bass 40hz and below reducing will give your mix more headroom.
Also maybe a touch full in the low frequencies of the panned electric guitars below 200 which could be masking the bass and vocals a touch ?
Just some thoughts while listening .

Cheers Big Grin

Thanks for the feedback Don

Yes I boosted low end in bass and kick. Was looking for a full rich low end smooth enough to not compromise the rest of the freq. Above. I believe the headroom I got is good enough for me as I'm not looking for loudness. A very valid point though Smile.

I'm gonna have to check on that guitars low end masking. I did turn them up for a more in your face feel but I will check for masking problems. In any case.. As long as the bass is still audible I will probably be ok with it. I don't recall boosting 200hz below on the distortion guitars but will check.

Thanks again.
(22-05-2016, 10:10 AM)M-D Wrote: Very good mix!
Maybe, but just a little ... fatter and deeper bassdrum.
Guitar space is great.
Overall space is good.
Vocal need some air and your final mix is end :-)

Thanks for the input M-D

I like how different opinions everyone has. You are for boosting low end.. Don is for cutting some low end. Smile

I suppose we can leave this as a taste thing. I would have liked a more fatter sound but that would have given the mix problems. I did boost low end on kick and bass though.

Thanks again.
(22-05-2016, 12:47 PM)takka360 Wrote: The kick is a bit loud and pointy I think and hardly any bottom.
Pretty well balanced overall but that kick is just standing out too much.

Thanks for the feedback takka.

I agree.. Actually I lowered the click in my eq. Maybe a good -5db. I tried more but it made the kick too muddy. Perhaps automation on the verses so the kick is less prominent in the less busy parts. (I believe this is were they stand out no?)
Yes the kick needs automation, replaced in the ideal world .
For me the kick is the main problem with the stems
That tight snare is also tricky to deal with .The rest is a joy .
(22-05-2016, 07:34 PM)takka360 Wrote: Yes the kick needs automation, replaced in the ideal world .
For me the kick is the main problem with the stems
That tight snare is also tricky to deal with .The rest is a joy .

I agree. I used a sample to go side by side with the original snare track.
Great sounding mix, Shul!Big Grin
Enjoying this one while working.

Dave
Hello, ShulSmile
It's good work! Well balanced!
Probably, i want more agressive guitars in choruses, but it only my tasteBig Grin
Cheers!
(23-05-2016, 05:42 AM)Konek Wrote: Hello, ShulSmile
It's good work! Well balanced!
Probably, i want more agressive guitars in choruses, but it only my tasteBig Grin
Cheers!

Hey Konek thanks for the feedback Smile
(23-05-2016, 05:03 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Great sounding mix, Shul!Big Grin
Enjoying this one while working.

Dave

Hello Dave Thanks for the comment. Glad you liked the mix. I uploaded the revised one. hope you like it better.
Revised version posted. Hope it sounds better.